Immigration & Customs
Bhutan Visa Requirements
● Other than Indian, Bangladeshis nationals, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa.
● All visas are issued from Thimphu by the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
● Visas are only issued to tourists whom booked tour packages with a local tour operators, directly or through a foreign travel agent.
● Applications for tourist visas are submitted by the tour operator. Clearance takes at least 10 working days to process.
● The Royal Gove .... Read More »
Steps to apply for Bhutan Tourist Visa
1. Book a Bhutan tour package with a licensed travel agency
2. Purchase & confirm you air-tickets on DrukAir
3. Ensure that you have a passport with at least six months validity at the point of arrival in Bhutan
4. Provide the information required as listed below
• Fullname as per passport
• Mailing address
• Contact No. (mobile preferred)
• Submit a scanned copy of your passport as per sa .... Read More »
Question: Am I allowed to bring cigarettes & alcohol into Bhutan?
Answer: Yes, all foreigners are allowed to bring with them one litre of alcoholic spirit and up to 200 sticks of cigarettes OR 30 pieces of cigars.
* Do note that all cigarettes all be subjected to 100 percent customs duty and 100 percent sales tax (Nominally 1,600Nu per carton). Travellers should declare their dutiable items at custom and pay the admissible taxes.
Tourist Duty Free Allo .... Read More »