It was a wonderful trip and also memorable to catch up with my class mate Dr Tandin Dorji after 42 yrs! Heard a lot about the present king and his father from my friend who looks after them!
I will do the online feedback; not good with Facebook!
However few comments:
1. Mr Kuenzang Tenzin and our driver ("Panda") were very good and pleasant though the van was not that comfortable.
(An Innova may have been better.)
2. luckily the rains did not come during our stay!
3. we felt that the visit to Fertility temple in Phunaka could have been avoided. It was of no interest to my boys nor us!
And, we did not wish to see all the phalluses being displayed all over!
May be that day could have been better spent on the water rafting.
Also we had conflicting reports about the fees for water rafting. In the end we did not go!
4. In Phunaka we were taken for lunch on the banks of the river but surprsingly I had to pay for it at the end.
5. The accommodation at Phunaka was not at all good. The rooms were up on a slope and was difficult to take the luggage.
The air con was not working and it was very hot.
The phone in the room was not working.
Overall not a good place and not recommended. I will be writing in the online feedback as well as in the Trip Advisor.
6. The best part of the trip was the trek to Tigers Nest. Both my wife and myself did it fully though were puffed out!!!