← Back to Testimonial
A great time and nice trip in Bhutan
Thanks for your email. We had a great time last week. I expect a lot of rain but it was quite sunny most of the time. Now some of us are a bit exhausted. Maybe because the air quality in Bhutan is good (full of oxygen) so we need to read just to the air in Jakarta. Do you know if other people have similar experience?
Below are my feedback
- Itinerary was good. There could be more options for older people who cannot hike much. Like in Tiger's Nest some of us rode on horses until the cafeteria midway then went back downhill. For my mother the Cheri hike is a bit challenging especially downhill. The Gangtey hike was ok. I wish the track were more friendly so we don't have to worry about stepping on cow dung or mud.
- Guide and driver were excellent. Tobgay is very helpful and funny. Our driver Gembo is also very skilled. The mountain road in Punakha is quite treacherous and really need to be fixed. That is probably the scariest part of the trip.
- Hotels are nice, especially Lobesa and Metta. In Metta the Malaysian owner offered us Chinese porridge for breakfast, which was very nice after almost a week of Bhutanese food. In Lobesa the room was huge and view was nice. Norbuling hotel was noisy at night because of the dogs and karaoke nearby but they have us earplugs. The staff in Norbuling is kind enough to lend us traditional dress to wear during evening.
- Food was OK. I especially like the Bhutanese food served in the farm house in Paro during our last dinner, especially the red chilli ema datsi (not the usual green chilli) and the pork (sikum pa?) dish.
- The hot stone bath in Paro felt good but the hut could be made better. We were shocked at first because of the smoke and hit condition.
Overall it was a really nice trip for everyone and I look forward to visit Bhutan again.