Even though tourism is currently on halt, Druk Asia has been actively working closely with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) in Bhutan to coordinate for repatriation flights. Thus far, we have assisted in four repatriation flights on 15 April, 17 June, 29 June, 27 July and 22 August for Bhutanese residing in various countries such as Australia, Malaysia, Japan, London, France, Italy, Poland, Macau, Germany, Canada, New York and the Philippines.
Aside from ensuring that these Bhutanese return home safely, these flights also act as flights that send essential medical supplies to Bhutan.
For Inbound Passengers:
*Bhutanese wishing to return home should register with the nearest Bhutanese Embassies, Missions and Honorary Consuls of Bhutan abroad with the following details. Contact details can be found here.
2. Date of Birth
3. Passport No.
4. Passport Expiry date
5. Country of Residence
6. Tentative Flight itinerary from your location to Singapore
7. Total transit hours in Singapore (Transit layover Time in Singapore for all passengers should not be more than 24 hrs)
8. Contact details (Mobile Number/Email address)
*Transit through Singapore is subject to transit clearance from the Singapore authorities.
*The transit layover time in Singapore for all passengers should be less than 24 hours.
*Seats on the Paro-Singapore-Paro flight will be allotted for registered passengers only.
*The registered travellers will be notified to purchase their flight tickets into Singapore after we receive the transit clearance from the Singapore Authorities. Information on the purchase of tickets for Druk Air (SIN-PBH sector) will also be shared thereafter.
*Registered passengers must confirm their travel and purchase flight tickets from Druk Air 48 hours before the flight date.
* Any cancellation within 48 hours of the flight date will not be entertained and passengers will also not be eligible for a refund.
* For the Drukair flight, the per passenger luggage is limited to 30 Kgs for Check-in baggage and 7 Kgs for Carry-on baggage.
Outbound passengers will be required to sign the Undertaking Letter with the Department of Immigration, Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs.
The procedures can be accessed here.
For additional information and registration of outbound passengers, please contact the following officials:
1. Ms. Pema Seldon, firstname.lastname@example.org, #975-17482795
2. Mr. Sonam Kelzang, email@example.com, #975-17757492
3. Mr. Sangay Tenzing, firstname.lastname@example.org, #975-17424595