1. One of the most requested activities our guests love, by this mighty river.
A: Punakha River
2. Making that pilgrimage climb to the top of one of Thimphu’s most sacred, revered points.
A: Buddha Point
3. The air can’t be any fresher than 4,000 m above sea level here!
A: Chele La Pass
4. One of the most luxurious ways to unwind after a day out…
A: Hot stone bath at COMO Uma Paro
5. Did you know you can slot a day’s field trip out at the paddy fields, and actually get your hands (and feet) in the soils? Simply ask your guide or booking agent beforehand or when enquiring, we’d be most happy to arrange.
A: Paddy fields at Trashigang, eastern Bhutan (look out for our blogpost to the furthest points in Bhutan, coming soon)
6. So many guests adore exploring Bhutan in winter for the fresh experiences other seasons cannot bring, don’t you just love this gorgeous shot too?
A: Dochula Pass
7. Yes it’s possible to get such views from…your hotel room. Just tell your Drukasia agent if that’s what you like, and we’ll sort that out accordingly.
A: Six Senses Bhutan
8. Where else in the world can you soak in cherry blossoms without the crazy crowds? Yes, Bhutan!
A: National Memorial Chorten, Thimphu
9. We didn’t pull this right out of a postcard, promise.
A: Ura Village Bumthang
10. Towering pine trees, magical dusting of snow, winter time…wait, this is Bhutan?
11. Have your dinner in the woods, saunter up to play some archery should you feel like it, then gather around the fireplace as the evening dims out. Sounds good?
A: COMO Uma Paro, see here for our special 3N/6N rates at the forest view room.
12. Sunset magic, again from one of our iconic vantage points in Thimphu. Can you guess?
A: Overlooking Thimphu Valley from Buddha Point
13. Is this a private home, dzong, or temple?
A: Simply tell your guide, or email email@example.com asking for the beautiful rice paddy fields en route to Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten, Punakha. We’ll take you there!
14. One of our guests captured this on her drive out of a particular huge city…
A: Is Dzongdrakha Lhakhang temple already on your itinerary? Be sure to ask your #DrukAsia guide where to get this view of Paro Town village - he’ll know what to do